Local History > Local History 2 > Lincolnshire > Hogsthorpe
Workhouse Lane, Hogsthorpe.
A first workhouse was erected here in 1640 and survived until 1831, by 1834 and the changes in the Poor Laws of the country the Hogsthorpe Parish Workhouse was looked after by the Spilsby Poor Law Union. An elected Poor Law Board which was formed of 69 members from the 66 constituent parishes.
The old workhouse was in 1831, replaced by the nine cottages which survive today and were at some later date turned into domestic dwellings that survive today.